Rachel's birthday was the most low-key she's had so far, and she was okay with that. I told her that means she's growing up! The Friday before her birthday, her orthodontist had a patient appreciation night at the local ice skating rink. Rachel and a couple of friends went together, so it was kind of the kick-off to her birthday.
The next day she went on a youth temple trip to Monitcello, then Sunday was her birthday. Jason was back in Houston for a couple of weeks. Rachel chose her usual birthday breakfast: Cinnamon rolls.
Kayla dressed Melody in an outfit that Rachel bought her. It says "My Aunt is My Hero."
Instead of cake, she wanted ice cream with lots of toppings.
I couldn't find the candles I bought, so we used the "60" and put it in the cookie dough.
She didn't want much for gifts- just a pair of converse sneakers. So that's what she got, and money.
I love this girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment