Friday, April 24, 2009

Life is good

Last night I had a "Life is good" moment. Last year we started a menu program at our house, where each child has a day of the week where they decide what we'll have, and help me make it:
 

Here is Kyle (a few months ago) making Sweet and Sour chicken. It's nice because we get to spend time together and they learn, and they are happy with dinner at least once a week!
 

The "life is good" moment came last night when Kayla wanted to cook all by herself. It meant I didn't get the time with her, but it means I didn't have to cook dinner! YES!
 

She made chicken spagetti and cheese bread. She has also made some other things. I think I could get used to this!
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill Freestone said...

very very nice! worth your efforts!

Leslie said...

Your oldest looks JUST like you!!! I think the menu idea is fantastic! It teaches them valuable lessons! Plus, learning how to cook is something that most kids don't get these days! Great job!

Mindy said...

What a GREAT idea!! I am going to have to copy that one!! Both of my children always want to help me which I love, but it would be fun for each to have their own time!