Our children started another year of school on Wednesday.
Kayla's off to 7th grade and junior high school. She loves it so far-- the freedom of walking to classes without a teacher guiding, the improved lunch selection, the different personalities of the teachers (she has 10 classes in all), and having a locker is pretty cool too.
Kyle began 4th grade. He was very nervous, sick to his stomach even. I encouraged him to say a little prayer. When he got home, I asked him how long it took for his stomach ache to go away. He said, "Right when I walked in the door. I said a prayer and it worked!" His comments have included. "Mrs. B. is nice." "I like 4th grade because we have more time to turn in our homework." He's not so crazy about switching teachers for science class, but he'll get used to it.
Rachel began 1st grade, and is happy to have one good friend in her class. She has an awesome teacher and is excited that for her last recess, she shares the playground with the preschoolers.
Good times...
It was also the 1st day of me serving as the early-morning seminary teacher for our church. This is my 3rd full year and we are studying the Old Testament--it's so awesome! I've studied all summer, and there are so many great lessons that apply to the day in which we live. I have the smallest class I've had- 7 kids. However, each one is enthusiastic, and there because they want to be, and for that I know it will be an awesome year!

2 comments:
Looks like a good start for the school year was had by all! Best way to be!
Loved the commentary and all the pictures but it made me wish I was there to give everyone a hug. So glad you keep us all up to date with the blog.
Post a Comment