Once we got back from the family reunion, finished unpacking and stuff, we got to know Grand Junction a bit. We love having things close by, and by things, I mean ice cream places:
Jason's work:
the Colorado river:
and the The Colorado National Monument:
Jason and Kyle also built us a shed in the back yard (with no basement, our food and storage went in the garage, so traditional garage stuff is in the shed).
Before I started working, Rachel and I checked out the local pool, which had free swimming on Wednesdays!
Our first visitors arrived in June! The Brown family from Concordia! They were passing through on their way to Zion's National Park, and stopped for dinner and a visit. Rachel and Holly have been friends since preschool, I tended Aaron for one year before Kindergarten. Alisa is the music teacher in Concordia and we have been good friends and walking partners. Michael is the history teacher and mayor. And they lived on our street. Lots of connections! It was so fun to have someone from Missouri come visit us!
Also, in June I was called as the 1st counselor in the new young women's presidency. Here are a few of my beautiful Mia Maids:
And finally, Rachel and Jason went to the Mormon night at the Rockies, the Grand Junction baseball team. There's so much to do here in Grand Junction. We only have experienced a fraction of it, but maybe over time we'll see and do even more!
Bonus: 2 videos
The first I recorded the morning after arriving in Grand Junction. I left Jason's parent's house and it was 37 degrees outside. I had a light jacket but with the dry air, it felt so much less cold than 37 degrees in Missouri. I was in Heaven:
And, here we have the house tour Rachel and I recorded:
















No comments:
Post a Comment