Thursday, May 13, 2010

I am spontaneous!

Well, now we know that is not true; I am NOT spontaneous. I like to know exactly what is going to happen every minute of each day so I can mentally prepare for whatever comes my way. However, I am aware that life doesn't happen this way, so I'm trying to be more flexible and spontaneous. So, when a friend called last Saturday at 5:57 p.m. (as we were finishing dinner), and invited us to an impromptu hot dog roast, I told her I'd talk with Jason and call her back. I had a good excuse-- we'd already eaten and it was two hours until bedtime... but Jason didn't have a problem with it. So, I decided to be flexible and spontaneous! I called my friend back, told her we'd bring the S'mores stuff we'd just bought (for Kyle and Jason's upcoming campout), and we'd be there in 1/2 an hour. I told her thanks for being spontaneous because I said YES and that means I'm spontaneous too!
 

We had a great time. This great family lives out in "the country" with lots of land and animals.
 

Kyle's best buddy wanted so badly to teach Kyle how to drive a riding lawn mower; but settled for giving him a ride.
 

We sat around the campfire and visited, ate a 2nd dinner with S'mores for dessert, and watched my friend's daughter feed the catfish in their lake (which is pretty cool if you've never seen it, they jump the surface and you can see the long whiskers).
 
Posted by Picasa

Thanks, Debbie!

2 comments:

Jill Freestone said...

way to go! its worth it (did you see the post of our trip?

Mindy said...

What a fun, spontaneous evening!! Looks beautiful!